Outdoor School

Standard

Hello friends!

So recently me and my class went far away, to a place that goes by the name… SANTA BARBARA. In Santa Barbara, there is this amazing place called The Outdoor School. It was the best place I have ever been to. We hiked day and night. Everybody in my class were in different cabins. My cabin’s name was Sespi. I was with my friends Gaby and Alana. We were also with other girls from different schools. First on our schedule for every day, we have breakfast. The food was so yummy. And there was this thing called ort. Ort is wasted food. We try to have as little ort as possible. Next we had our morning hikes. We all had different hiking groups. My hiking group’s name was the Hornets. We had different Naturalists for each hike. What is a Specialist you ask? Specialists are like councilors, but have a huge love of nature. So my first hike at the Outdoor School was the animal hike. We learned about how animals live their life in the forest. The naturalist for that hike was a lady named Aspen. She is Hilarious! We played games and walked on the bottom of a lake. Try to think about how that makes sense. Then after the morning hike, we have lunch. After lunch we have a special activity. My special activity for the first day was the hike to Lake Cachuma-uma-uma with Mountain Goat.

2 thoughts on “Outdoor School