What I Thought About the Video: “Sharing Creative Works: An Illustrated Primer”

Standard

Hi everybody! Today I’m going to review the lesson from the video, “Sharing Creative Works: An Illustarated and Narrated Primer” by Alex Roberts, Rebecca Rojer, and John Phillips. First thing I’d like to mention is that if you haven’t seen the video, your out of luck… Haha just kidding. Here’s the link- Sharing Creative Works: An Illustrated Primer . Now let’s get down to buisiness. So here’s the question: What if I don’t want someone else to share or copy my work? People can’t use or share my work without permission because of © laws, or copyright laws.
Did you know that when you create something, it is automatically protected? Cool huh? Creative commons provides free licenses you can use to protect your work. $ means that people can sell or make profit from any of your work without permission. If it has a circle with a line through it, people can’t. And equal sign with a circle around it means that people can make changes to your work without your permission. Last but now least, a circle with a curved arrow inside, called the share alike, means that the terms you chose are honored.
That’s it for now. Just remember: You choose what you create and how it will be shared.